Saturday, February 5, 2011

Febuary A Month Of Love

I love ice cream seriously I do! I also love my husband, children, church family and friends. Is the way I love ice cream the way I love people or God? Since embracing Jesus I'm learning what real love is and is not.


Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous;
love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;
it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails...But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
~1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13


We read this and think isn't that nice but do we think about what it means to do this, to live this way, to act this out in our everyday lives? I know I try to but I'm definitely guilty of not measuring up.


I read a beautiful post on marriage today and it made me realize, (I'm sure I have lots of company here) how easy it is to take your husband/wife for granted. Sposes truely are a gift from God.


Here is some of what the Bible says about Christian conduct which reflects Christ's love.

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. ~Ephesians 5:21


And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,~Hebrews 10:24


This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.~ John 3:16


You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 1Peter 3:4


Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her~ Ephesians 5:25

No comments:

Post a Comment